Monday, April 27, 2015

Spandau Ballet - "The Singles Collection"

Spandau Ballet was one of the most important bands for me when I was a kid. I wore out the "True" album (1983), and then branched out to get their earlier LPs, as well as their 1984 album "Parade" when it came out. In particular the wonderfully dramatic "Gold" was one of my very favorite singles during that era in the early '80s when I was really just starting to explore music beyond what was in my parents' collection. I still think it is one of the greatest pop singles of the '80s. Never would imagine that I'd get the chance to see them in concert, but that's exactly what I will be doing tomorrow night. Very excited!! Pictured is the "Singles Collection" which came out in 1985, and this is my original copy - 30 years later. Great music is timeless.






No comments: