Friday, June 11, 2010

Record and Tape Exchange - June 10, 2010

Hit my local music shop in Fairfax last night, Record and Tape Exchange. They have done some rearranging of the vinyl and I found it very confusing... hopefully it's just the start of an ongoing reorganization process.

The gem I picked up was an excellent copy of The Dream Syndicate's 1982 album "The Days of Wine and Roses." I noticed when I got it home and looked it up on Wikipedia that the cover was different, so I did some research and realized that I got the French pressing issued on Closer Records. I paid $20.00 for it, and the only listing I found online for the French version was on Gemm.Com for $119.00. Seems like I got a pretty good deal.

I listened to the album last night and thought it was terrific.



Also picked up a number of other vinyl goodies:

Roberta Flack: "First Take"
Roberta Flack: "Feel Like Making Love"
The Cult: "Love"
The Cult: "Dreamtime"
Pet Shop Boys: "Actually"
Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band: "Nine Tonight"
Robin Trower: "Bridge of Sighs"

a Washington-DC Area Go-Go compilation called "Go Go Crankin' - Paint The White House Black"

No comments: